With much of the world’s travel coming to a halt in 2020, numerous sectors were still jetting across the globe for essential work purposes. None more so than energy firms travelling to offshore oil and gas locations and security firms providing valuable cargo ships protection from piracy.
What does a marine fare entitle you to?
Marine fares entitle the holder to more flexibility with amendments to fairs, greater baggage allowance, ensuring you can take all your required equipment for long stays offshore and extra security should flights be rescheduled, giving you priority for re-arranged flights.
To qualify for a marine fare you must be one of the following:
- A Seaman travelling to or from a vessel on duty, with a seaman’s book
- Staff travelling to or from a vessel who aren’t a seaman but are included on the ship’s manifest
- The spouse of someone working on a vessel, once added to the ship’s manifest
- An engineer or contractor travelling to or from carrying out work on a vessel or offshore
If you are one of the above it is important to be aware that you may require one of the following:
- Your seaman’s logbook
- Your contract of employment
- A company headed letter which outlines your name, requirement to travel, the dates of travel and the basic information about the vessel/project you are working on.
What can Wayte Travel do?
At Wayte Travel we understand how quickly marine fare clients require a response, that’s why our dedicated Marine team, headed by Rob Massey alongside our free of charge out of hours service gives you the peace of mind that you need.
If you would like more information about marine fares, or how Wayte Travel can help do not hesitate to get in touch with Rob or Sales Director, Garry Lloyd alternatively contact the team on email@example.com
Wayte Travel Management’s Jersey office have teamed up with local hospitality firms to encourage clients and connections to support local by having staycations this summer.
Last week Sales Director, Garry Lloyd announced on LinkedIn that further Jersey Hotel firms The Club Hotel & The Radisson Blu Jersey have offered Wayte some fantastic rates. These rates have been emailed to all of Wayte’s Jersey based clients this week, however we’re excited to further offer them to any local connections on LinkedIn.
If you are interested in hearing more, get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org where Oliver Young will be more than happy to assist you.
As vaccines are rolled out and the world starts to look forward with cautious optimism, thoughts will turn towards travelling again. However the landscape is markedly different and it is therefore vital that attention is paid to the constantly changing border policies and Covid-19 screening requirements of all countries. In addition, airlines and hotel companies are continually updating their policies in respect of changes and cancellations.
The value of a professional business travel agent has never been greater. Wayte Travel Management has been arranging business travel since 1980 and I myself have been with the company since 1988. We are long established, well capitalised and in a strong position to weather the Covid storm and continue providing exceptional service to our clients, old and new, into the future.
As part of our comprehensive services we offer :
• Advice on travel restrictions, entry requirements, quarantine periods etc.
• Advice on ticket flexibility, routings
• Managing refunds and re-bookings
• Traveller tracking
• Full 24/7 Out-of-Hours service
Most importantly, we provide you with a dedicated agent with direct e-mail access and phone contact – no call queuing, no anonymous contact centre. We have 17 agents, most of whom have been with Wayte Travel Management for many years and are very experienced to assist you in arranging trips in this Covid-19 era.
In addition to this you will also benefit from our usual services :
• One point of contact for all flights, hotels and other elements of travel
• Best available airfares in all classes – Economy, Premium Economy, Business & First Class
• Marine fares for eligible travellers
• MI/Travel Reports
• Dedicated Account Manager
• Monthly account facility and detailed invoicing
If your company travels on business then we’d be delighted to hear from you and hopefully have the opportunity to explain in greater detail how we work.
Please contact either myself or Garry Lloyd, our Sales Director – our details are below.
Garry.email@example.com | 07827 968043
Finally, I’d like to wish you a very happy and healthy 2021.
Brexit changes to Business Travel
Business travellers will face some changes come at the end of the transition period on the 1st of January 2021. Our expert team here at Wayte Travel Management are here to guide you through the changes, and what is required for you.
When travelling to the EU,Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, British citizens will need to check whether their passport is valid. Your passport must:
- Have at least 6 months left on it
- Be less than 10 years old regardless of how long is left on the passport.These rules do not apply to travel to Ireland. You can continue to use your passport as long as it’s valid for the length of your stay.
At border control, you may need to:
- Show a return or onward ticket
- Show you have enough money for your stay
- Use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing
If you have any questions on how Brexit might impact your travel plans come the 1st of January 2021, click below to contact us.
Wayte Travel Management is delighted to announce the re-opening of their office in St Helier, Jersey.
Are you ready for the return of business travel? Wayte Travel Management is on hand to help ease you back into securing vital business meetings all over the globe. (more…)
Business travel can be tough, here at Wayte Travel Management we understand that, and even more so in these unprecedented times. That’s why we here at Wayte Travel Management go the extra mile with exceptional personal service.
Business travellers to the United Arab Emirates will now have to provide a negative Covid-19 test prior to travelling to the state.
Getting your business moving again
Our team of business travel experts are on hand to get your business moving again, with friendly travel bookers in London, Stoke-on-Trent and Jersey on hand to take your requests.
As the world starts to reopen and travel restrictions are relaxed we are beginning to see business people arranging overseas trips again. However, the landscape is markedly different and it is therefore vital that attention is paid to the constantly changing border policies and Covid-19 screening requirements of all countries. In addition, airlines and hotel companies are continually updating their policies with respect to changes and cancellations.